Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Forever Book Review

   If you've been following my blog you've seen my review of the first two books in this series.  The recap: loved the first - didn't care for the second.  I went into the third hoping the author was going to redeem the trilogy and tie up all the loose ends in the third...no suck luck :-( 
     For me, the book moved way to slow for the fact that, just like in the second, nothing really happened until the very end.  By the time something did happen I was so over the main characters that I couldn't dig up enough emotion to care what finally happened to them.
    We also got very little closure on the Isabel and Cole scene too.  It seemed like both characters grew up in the third book and became real people, but then Cole's actions at the very very end made him seem like the same self-centered jerk all over again.
    I also may be over critical on this point again, but I also really didn't like the red font.  Other than going with the dust jacket I don't really see the point of changing the color and straining your eyes for so long.
   Long and short...read the first and skip the other two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment