Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Perfect Hope (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #3) Review

Gosh am I striking out on the book front lately!  This is the third book in a row that I've read and been underwhelmed with.  I really enjoyed the first book in the series, and liked the second one well enough, but the third fell flat.
   For starters I was really looking forward to seeing what happened with the ghost Lizzy, but WOW did it get weird.  When the ghost started appearing in physical form to people and the ghost of her lover invaded Ryder....just to much for me.  I read plenty of para-normal things, but this was just so out of place for this genre of book.  The three main girlfriends actually planned time to sit and hang out with the ghost...yup...lost me!
     I also didn't feel the chemistry between Hope and Ryder the way I did between say Beckett and Clare or Owen and Avery. You knew they were going to get together going into it, but I don't think the author did a good job making it believable.  
   I've heard some good things about her others series so I will give them a try since I liked books one and two, but up next is a genre switch for me hoping I break this dislike rut.
   What are you reading lately?  Leave me a comment...I'd love to hear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment