Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Get Inky Challenge 17: Thanks

     It's time for another Get Inky Stamps by Blue Moon Creations inspiration post.  This time their challenge is thanks.  There are so may ways you can go with this topic!   
     I choose to use the 2013 Holiday set and rather than make a thank you card, make a tag that could go on...well...pretty much anything.  My first thoughts were a bottle of wine or a glassine bag of cookies...yum!
    To make the sky of the tag I crumbled the tag and then used my ink applicator to rub ink around the tag.  I then ironed the tag (no steam!) to make it flat again.
   I also used a new to me product called muddles puddles to do the snow. I like the textured effect it gave, but it wasn't sparkling enough like fresh snow does.  Stickles to the rescue!  I put clear Stickles on top of the muddle puddles and it was perfect.
    The snow flakes are buttons that I cut off the thread holder part to be able to use on my cards and pages.
     I hope this inspires you to think outside the box and enter the Thanks challenge.


2 comments:

  1. I love the textured look of your tag and the snowman is just darling!!

    La-Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you La-Vie…it's always nice to try new things

      Delete