Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy Birthday - Boy Birthday Card

     Happy Friday everyone.  Thank you for joining me for another inspiration.  We had a 5th birthday to attend and I chose to make a card rather than by one.  I know making cards doesn't always take ten minutes, but when cards have reached $4.99 to $8.99 I certainly try to fit making one in.

     This was the first time I tried to make my own background out of stamps.  I chose the tire tracks, and the yellow washi reminded me of yellow road lines.  The tracks also match the distressed shutter lines in the inspiration photo at the Pink Elephant challenge.

    A dump truck, some dirt and the birthday number and I was ready to go.  This card actually took only about 20 minutes to make, and I was really pleased with how it came it.  It was a big hit at the party too.

Until next time...Keep Scrappin'

Challenges:
Crafts Galore - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant Challenge - Photo - the distressed shutter lines inspired my distressed tracks, and the single focus element inspired my single large dump truck focus

18 comments:

  1. I like the design. Thanks for sharing. (BL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card, thanks for the masculine inspiration.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! How did you get that cooool tire track??? Totally love it........need one for myself!!! I do make some cards but tend to stay with LOs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a stamp set from Close To My Heart Robyn. You can purchase the set from any CTMH rep or from the team I design for...Paper Crafter Anonymous

      Delete
  4. great job! I love it! I love the use of the washi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that truck is perfect for any boy card.super job ..BL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so adorable and perfect for a 5 year old! BL, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute birthday card! Love that dump truck. Thanks for sharing at The Pink Elephant Challenge! Join us again soon! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! I love the background that you created! And for that to be your first time trying background you did a Fantabulous Job!!! I agree cards are WAY to expensive now days, It is great to have the talent and supplies to make our own!! Loves-Madge BL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. I think it crazy how much they charge for cards. BL

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the perfect background! Awesome card! I <3 washi tape. It PAINS me to buy cards, so handmade is definitely the way to go :D

    TFS,
    Jenny (BL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun card, the background looks amazing! Definitely cheaper to create your own cards if you have all of the supplies plus nothing is better than "hand made with love" cards! BL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute FUN card!
    Miranda :) BL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love! Love the card! Sharing to Pinterest

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great boys card
    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything goes challenge #11
    Good luck
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete