Monday, May 1, 2017

Creating A Unique Star Wars Birthday Scrapbook Layout

     Hey scrappy friends!  I'm here today with another guest post for the challenge blog Use Your Stuff. This time we were challenged to make something inspired by the Star Wars film.
      I had no trouble knowing exactly which photos I wanted to use on this one. The large photo is my brother-in-law on his birthday in the Chewbacca suit we bought him, and the bottom photo is some Storm Troopers from Star Wars night a the local zoo.
Star wars scrapbook layout featuring Simple Stories - Freckled Fawn - Heidi Swapp and the silhouette cameo
     So when I first thought about how to make this Star Wars themed beyond the photos I thought of the opening credits and the galaxy look.  The patterned paper on the bottom that gives that same look is from Simple Stories - Heart Collection.  I also used star washi from Heidi Swapp to try to tie in the Star Wars theme.  The rest is just various dollar washi I've picked up along the way with some Freckled Fawn embellishments thrown in.  Oh, and last but not least I found the sketch on pinterest.  It didn't lead back to a post, but the photo said it was from Sketchy Thursdays.
     For the really fun stuff though I just googled some Star Wars images and used the print and cut feature on my Silhouette Cameo. The title is a Master Yoda-esque quote that I cut with the Star Wars font in the color of the original title. 
     I hope this shows you how easy it is to combine your stash to get a great layout...even if the elements (love paper) aren't themed for the exact topic.  Leave me a link with what you create to enter the challenge and I'll be sure to come take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment