Friday, March 29, 2013

Killing Kennedy Review

     I don't usually read anything history related, but I loved this!  The writing was simple enough to be interesting, but not so simple it was boring. 
     I enjoyed getting to know all the main players and the "extras."  I actually looked up the tour Jackie gave of the Whitehouse on youtube, after that section of the book.  I don't really know what I expected, but WOW did she sound like a stepford wife!  Maybe the movie was based on her???
     I have to say that I unfortunately don't think America, as it stands today, would react the same way as 1963 if something so tragic happened to any of the recent Presidents. I think it would be more - oh so sad and move on :-(
     If nothing else the book has made me want to read more on the topic. Oh, and I loved the little surprise at the end too about the reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment