Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shiver Book Review

     I recently finished reading Shiver (the Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater, and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't have high expectations since it was a teen drama book, but wanted something light to fill my lunch break.  This was perfect.
     I would imagine this is what Twilight would have been if about Jacob and Bella rather than Bella and Edward.  I rather liked the main male character Sam as you really can feel that he wants to be a better person, and tries to do what's right. 
     I did feel about Grace the same way as I do about Bella though...ugh!  Sam wants to be a better person...to learn...to do the right thing.  Grace only wants Sam.  I'd really like to see a teen heroine that can stand on her own two feet, and have a boyfriend!
I'm interested to see where the series goes though as this really could have ended with just this book.  I'll keep you posted on my thoughts about Linger and Forever, and I'd love to hear what you're reading right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment