Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chid's Play Challenge - Cat In The Hat

Welcome to another fun reveal for Child's Play Challenge.  We were asked this time to create layouts with the book Cat In The Hat as inspiration.
     We don't read a lot of Dr. Suess around here for some reason so it took me a while to find my inspiration.  It was only after I realized the my nephew A's favorite movie was The Lorax that it came together for me.  After that this layout only took about an hour to complete.
     I used the Hey Baby collection by Simple Stories for all the paper since they matched A's shirt so well, but kept the look soft.
     The layout of the photo and embellishments was inspired by one of Stacia Brandt's Queen & Co guest layouts.  She used circles, but otherwise the placement is very similar.
     I love how this came out and I placed it in a memory tray for my SIL to hang in her office.  I hope she love it too.  Come over and join our challenge with how this theme inspires you.  Until next...Keep Scrapping!

4 comments:

  1. I love this layout. Stacia has inspired me to do more of my pages in a collage style and I love how they turn out. They are so much more fun than just the traditional matting. I have a picture of my son when he was 3 or 4 with his foot on a ladder just like this. I think I am going to have to lift this layout if you don't mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lift away - it's a great compliment! Would love you to link back to my blog when/if you do :-)

      Delete
  2. very sweet layout! I love the soft colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia - I figured 2 was still a "baby" so I could get away with the muted pallette

      Delete