Monday, December 18, 2017

Of All The Fish | The Secret Not Secret Kit Club

     Hi crafty friends!  I got so much done this weekend because of The Secret Not Secret Kit club scrappy party that I'll have several things to share with you over the next several days.
     The page I'm sharing was for a see through it challenge.  You had to use things like vellum, acetate, photo overlays, etc in two different ways on your page.
     The first way I used vellum was in this title card.  I backed the fish cutout with the same patterned paper I used to mat the entire layout.  It was to vibrant though so I added a square of vellum.  It allowed the pattern to tie in the card, but muted the color a bit.
     The second thing I did was to use a photo overlay on the photo in the lower right corner.  The photo of us ladies at supper didn't have the greatest color quality so the overlay helped to hind that as bit as well as add a design detail.  The photo overlays came in a kit I won from Rochelle Spears and were part of the June 2016 Scraproom double shot kit.

     I also used vellum under the men's photo and the square under the journalling.  It just needed a touch more softness in those places since the paper (My Mind's Eye By the Sea collection) was so bold. 
    I appreciate you joining me today, and if you want to see other layouts in this color scheme please make sure to check out Best of Friends or for another beach layout check out Chill Out. Until next time...stay crafty!





SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment